Jesus Christ and the Church in the Old Testament: Typology Charts
by Joe Aboumoussa
- “Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures.” Luke 24:27
- “…the law has only a shadow of the good things to come…” Hebrews 10:1 (cf. Hebrews 8:5; 1 Corinthians 10:1-6; Galatians 4:24).
- “The New Testament lies hidden in the Old and the Old Testament is unveiled in the New.” – St. Augustine
Stay tuned for additional content.
1. The Temptations of Adam & Eve vs the Temptations of Christ
4. Melchizedek’s Priestly Offering Prefigures Jesus’ Offering of Bread & Wine (Body & Blood)
7. Moses & Passover Prefigure the Jesus as Pioneer / Savior; Priest / Victim
11. Priestly Sacrifice in Leviticus Prefigures Jesus’ Priestly Action in the Mass