Home & School
The Home and School Association, in cooperation with the principal, oversees a variety of special events and ongoing committees. Gratitude is given for the time and talent members of the association contribute to assisting the growth of our school and its mission. Assistance from all members is welcomed and encouraged whether once a year for a special event or periodically throughout the school year.
The Home and School Association (HSA) is composed of parents, school staff, and is governed by its bylaws. Officers of the organization include the President, who is a representative to the School Board, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Room Parent Coordinator, and Historian. Ex-Officio members include the principal, the pastor, and the director of school advancement. Requests for officer nominations for the Association are solicited from the membership and nominees are placed on a ballot. The general membership then elects officers from among the nominees.
The Association is solely supported by the volunteer efforts of its membership. Board planning meetings and general membership meetings are held throughout the year. All parents are encouraged to take an active role in their student’s education by supporting the HSA.
The purpose of the Association is to be of service to the principal and St. Joseph School by being another means of communication. To accomplish this, the Association has the following objectives:
- To encourage a greater appreciation of Catholic school education.
- To encourage and cultivate high standards of Catholic family life.
- To promote communication among members of the school community.
- To promote understanding of the mutual educational responsibilities of parents and staff.
- To encourage families in the participation of the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical programs of the school.
- To offer support, assistance, and advice to the principal on policies and improvements designed for the enrichment of the school.
- To offer programs, information, and entertainment of particular interest to parents.
- To foster the political action of parents as advocates regarding national, state, and local legislation that affects Catholic schools as well as the lives of students and parents.
The HSA Standing Committees:
- Clinic Volunteers
- Educational Promotions
- Field Day
- Home Room Coordinator
- Library Volunteers
- Mentor Family
- Room Parent
- Teacher Appreciation