Visit our Online Library Catalog through Destiny Discover!!
Please use this tool to search by Title, Author, Keyword, etc. to determine what we have in our collection, as well as whether it is available for checking out. If you, or your student, would like a book, please email Mrs. Waxmonsky and it will be delivered to your student in their homeroom class. The students may also ask their teachers directly.
Saint Joseph School currently provides a 1-to-1 Chromebook learning environment for students in grades 4-8. By the end of Fall semester 2020, third grade students will be 1-to-1 and there will be a mobile Chromebook cart for the primary grades. In addition, all primary and intermediate grade students have access to iPads.
The Saint Joseph School library is home to over 7,000 books and is growing daily. Our collection ranges from elementary to middle school in content, with offerings at a high school reading level. We have a large research section, 100+ Spanish fiction and nonfiction offerings, and many class sets of classics and new novels. In addition we are increasing our collection by 300-500 volumes each year.
Hi! I am Mrs. Waxmonsky and this is my seventh year at Saint Joseph School. I am the school Media Specialist (Library and Technology), the middle school history teacher and sixth grade homeroom. I am so very excited to be able to go back to teaching the primary grades again, while also maintaining my position within the middle school. I have been married for 22 years and we moved to Knoxville from the metro Atlanta, GA area seven years ago. We have a 19 year old daughter who is in culinary school, a 17 year old son who is a senior at the L&N STEM Academy, and a seventh grade son here at Saint Joseph School. We also have one dog and two cats. I am grateful every single day that God led me to Saint Joseph School. The staff, students, and families make our school a unique and very blessed community!!
For the Pre-K students we will focus on the following objectives:
- learning the parts of the computer
- improving mouse coordination and skill
- getting familiar with the keyboard: learning letters and finding home row
- internet safety (compare to a field trip): have an adult with you; go only where you know you are allowed to go; do
not talk to strangers or click on things you do not understand
Kindergarten – First – Second
Kindergarten, First, and Second grade will focus on the following objectives:
- keyboarding (ability to type from home row by the end of 2nd grade)
- digital citizenship (internet safety, personal information guidelines, and research etiquette)
- document usage (use of PowerPoint and Word, and document storage and retrieval)
- research (where to look, search using an ABC directory, and ownership of work)
Third – Fourth – Fifth
Third, Fourth, and Fifth grades will focus on the following objectives:
- keyboarding (ability to correctly type 20 words per min in a 2-min timed test)
- digital citizenship (responsible internet usage, keeping private information safe, cyberbullying, and research etiquette)
- document usage (use of PowerPoint and Word, document storage and retrieval, sharing documents for group work and editing)
- research (where to search, how to search with key words, giving proper credit to a website/writer)
Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth grades will focus on the following objectives:
- keyboarding (ability to correctly type 30 words per min in a 2-min timed test)
- digital citizenship (the volume of digital media around us, scams and schemes, cyberbullying, and research etiquette)
- document usage (use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, document storage
and retrieval, sharing documents for
group work and editing)
- research (where to search, how to search and take notes, giving proper credit to a website/writer)